Friday, October 26, 2012

Wind and the Willows assignment was due on Wednesday (which turns out to be two days ago) Here was what I had so up to that point


Getting to this point was a really fun process, as I mentioned in some earlier posts (Terryl Whitlatch, Justin Gerard) I found that by doing my own personal life studies on the creatures I would be rendering was a great way to really get a feel for how they might look in a fantasy situation.

Unfortunately this isn't at a finished state; and I have to implement a lot of fantastic critiques from Perry and the class. But here are the steps so far

 

First the thumbnails to try and come up with a neat situation to illustrate. I felt from the start that I scene with Mr. Toad's obsession with automobiles would be something I would like to create.


With that in mind, I thought this particular scene was most effective and expressing that thought

After that, I looked up all the elements I was going to have in this drawing, namely a rat, a mole and a toad. Adding to that, I did some research on some automobiles circa 1910, and some gypsy wagons. (which is not in the full illustration yet)
 Mr. Mole
 Mr. Toad

















The gypsy wagon not pictured























I also visited a pet store to see some rats and guinea pigs, and took some reference photos of some actual frogs that my friend owns. All in all, it was a very fun project. I will update with the finished as soon as I can

No comments:

Post a Comment