Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This past week we finished up our Gallery of Terror assignment, Perry said to use whatever medium we wanted to. I decided to try a digital painting, I thought colouring it would be a nice touch. Perry said if we chose to go digital, we would have to start traditionally.

I find it hard to go into any digital painting without attributing Don Seegmiller in some way. He has been a very large influence in my art, and has taught me so much about the digital mediums.

In a quick demonstration, he starts off here with a prisma pencil sketch, then scanned into his computer

 After scanning and opened in Painter, he go overs with a quick digital watercolour layer


 After knocking in all the colours and values, he continues to render the image until finish


Those images are from Don's tutorial videos

I tried to emulate this by sketching out my assigment with pencil, and then scanning it in to my computer.



After that, I arranged them in Photoshop and began to lay some values down


I began to make some changes

Added a  colour glaze


Then rendered it to this point


I will have to come back to it to finish it off, as I am not super happy with the results

No comments:

Post a Comment